Our customers' mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Their Cloud Data Platform uniquely eliminates the architectural complexity that causes today’s solutions to fail. It also delivers rapid time to insights and simultaneous reductions in time, cost, and risk.
They are searching for a Customer Site Reliability SME with a strong DevOps background who will serve as a key technical contact for one of their high-profile clients.
In this role, you will partner with colleagues on platform and core Engineering teams as well as Technical Account Managers to ensure that the client is successful.
Collaborate with internal and client teams to ensure successful deployment and operation of their platform while troubleshooting multiple use cases of the product.
- Manage updates and new product releases with the client
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- Implement ways to automate and improve deployment processes
- Work with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Review scripts and look for ways to improve automation
- Research, architect, and drive complex technical solutions consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services
- Write solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc
- Interface with a platform team to develop new requirements and enhancements to the existing product and associated services.
- 3+ years of experience as an SRE, DevOps Engineer, or Cloud Solutions Architect working with a range of software tools
- Experience with the following:
- Container concepts (Docker)
- Cloud technology (AWS, GCP)
- VPC’s and Networking
- Deployment automation and orchestration
- CI/CD tools and techniques (Bitbucket, Jenkins)
- Source control (Git)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Pulumi)
- Proficient with at least one scripting or programming language such as Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of technologies and tools in the areas of building, testing, deploying, and releasing software
- Working knowledge of network protocols, Linux/Unix system internals, and transport protocols
Pluses if you have or you’re willing to learn:
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions, ideally in cloud environments (their platform actively manages petabytes of data, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture, preferably in a role covering cloud environments (AWS, GCP)
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status